- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in South Africa.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
4. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Details
- For Credit Card payments, users are directed to a secure third party credit card processor. This website does not collect, neither do the owners of this website store customers credit card details in any way.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf (e.g courier companies). In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Websites outside of our website, as well as to third party Websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Website and its privacy statement.
- You may opt out of seeing ads for this site by visiting the “Google Opt-out Page” http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Problems or questions
POPI Act (Updated 1 July 2021)
- By signing up for the Oculux Newsletter, you are consenting to us using your personal information for the purposes to communicate with you in relation to our sales and new stock updates. You are, in addition, signing up to receive our newsletters and marketing mailers. Should you not wish to receive any communication from us, you are able to unsubscribe. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com and we will remove you from the mailing list.
- By signing up and purchasing a product of Oculux, you are consenting to and opting in for your personal information to be shared with Dear Inventory Systems for the purposes of automatically issuing you digital receipts post transaction as well as with MDS & Dawnwing Couriers in order to deliver your product.
- In order to keep you informed and communicate with you, Oculux has to (a) process your personal information (as defined in POPIA, Act 4 of 2013) (“PI”); (b) share your PI within the Oculux departments; (c) share your PI with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Oculux; (d) send you information and marketing material (printed or electronic) to inform you of special offers and products that may be of interest to you; (e) send you marketing material from third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Oculux and (f) send your information to third party courier companies to deliver your product to you by the information you provided.
- The information provided to Oculux by you when signing up for the Oculux Newsletter is processed and recorded in Oculux’s computer system.
- You have the right, in accordance with POPIA, to (a) obtain access to your PI held by Oculux; (b) request the correction, destruction or deletion of your PI held by Oculux; and (c) object to the processing of your PI. It furthermore remains your responsibility to inform Oculux of any changes to your PI.
- You may opt out of any direct marketing received from Oculux should you so elect, by notifying Oculux thereof in writing, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you may object to your PI being shared with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Oculux by notifying Oculux in writing of such objection by sending an email to email@example.com. If you object to your PI being shared with third parties who have a strategic marketing relationship with Oculux, prior to the PI being shared with such third parties, Oculux will not disclose your PI to such third parties. If you object to sharing of your PI subsequent to the information being shared with such third parties, Oculux will instruct such third parties to destroy or delete all records of your PI and to refrain from retaining any record thereof.